8/10/20 Adaptation in Animals- 6
Answer the following:
1. Define the terms:
a) Terrestrial animals: The animals that live on land are called terrestrial animals. eg: cat, elephant
b) Arboreal animals: The animals that mainly live in trees are called as arboreal animals. eg: monkey, koala
c) Amphibians: The animals that can live both on land and in water are called amphibians. eg: frog, toads
2. Why do some terrestrial animals have powerful legs?
A. They have powerful legs to run fast to catch their prey or to run away from predators.
3. What are nocturnal animals?
A. Animals that are active only in the night are called nocturnal animals. eg: Owl
4. Why do aerial animals and aquatic animals have streamlined bodies?
A. The both groups have streamlined body which helps them to move through air(aerial) and water(aquatic) easily.
5. List three features of a camel that helps it to survive in a desert.
A.1)They have long eye lashes to protect from blowing sand.
2) They have wide feet which help them to walk on hot sand.
3) They have hump that is filled with fat which help to survive for long periods without food.