Text book Page 60
A. Match the following: (Do it in text book)
1. Root iv. holds the plant in the soil
2. Stem iii. leaves and flowers grow on it
3. Leaf ii. makes food for the plant
4. Fruit i. protects the seeds
B. Correct the following statements: (Do it in note book)
1. The lotus grows in the water.
2. Flowers turn into fruits.
3. The potato is a stem.
4. Clove is a kind of spice.
Answer the following:(Notebook)
1. Name the types of plants depending on their stem.
A. Trees, Herbs, Shrubs, Climbers and Creepers.
2. Which are the parts of the plant? Write a function.
A. Root- below soil, fix plant in soil
Stem- above soil, carries water and food to all parts of plant
Leaves- prepare food for the plant
Flowers- turn to fruits
Fruits- protects the seed
Seed- forms a new plant.
3. How do leaves prepare food for the plant?
A. Green leaves with the help of sunlight, water and air (carbon dioxide) prepares food for the plant. This process is called photosynthesis.